Since 1993 serving Writers with free information they can use.
Main Website: https://www.CarolynBLeonard.com
Writers Reminder, published by Carolyn B. Leonard, is a non-profit networking and advocacy blog with more than a thousand subscribers, devoted to literature and writing in a broad sense. For the readers and writers, we publish a blog, guest blogs, and book reviews. We also publish conversations about grammar, writing, prose styles, poetry, literary genres, and writing advice; we post current news and information about writers clubs and activities in the Oklahoma City area. We include information on conferences in the Midwest, contests, editors, agents, publishers, and the publishing industry, updated regularly. We also promote other sites and opportunities, including freelance offers, that we feel will benefit writers. https://www.WritersReminder.com
July-August 2019 Writers Reminder
DEADLINE - AUGUST 15
THE WRITER magazine’s 2019 Summer Flash Contest just launched, which means you have only six weeks to submit your best writing in any genre – fiction or nonfiction – to win $1,000 and publication in The Writer magazine. But you’ll need to write short to get their attention: Maximum word count is just 1,000 words.
The deadline is August 15th, so start writing. And remember, they can provide feedback on your writing with our add-on critique service, no matter where your entry placed in the contest! Other prizes: Second-place winner will receive $500 and publication on the website, writermag.com; third-place winner will receive $250 and publication on writermag.com as well. (paste the link below in your browser)
FIVE Writing Lessons inspired by Mr. Rogers - click here: (or copy and paste in your browser) (2.5 minutes)
Writers Reminder - July 2019 https://www.writersreminder.com/
by Carolyn B. Leonard
Got a minute? 3,000 words. Scanning time 7 minutes (including clicks)
IN THIS ISSUE:
1. Local Programs for Writers
3. Conferences & Orgs for writers - a half-dozen or more
4. Blog - “THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!”
click here: https://www.carolynbleonard.com/my-blog.html
5. EDITORS for hire!
6. Publishers (Lots of publishers)
7. Agents (a few good ones)
8. Opportunities for Freelance Writers (several)
9. Writing Classes & Grant Offers (Some NEW ones)
10. Jobs for Writers (Eight, last count)
11. Plays and Screen Writing (two NEW)
13. Carolyn’s Book Review: “LEADERSHIP in Difficult Times” by Doris Kearns Goodwin; click here, or copy and paste in your browser:
14. Letters to Editor (Looking for Critique Grps, Grassroots Lobbying & more)
15. Website Winner – www.JohnJDwyer.com
(click here: http://www.writersreminder.com/15.-web-winner.html)
Scroll down, and click on any underlined listing to go directly to the subjects you are most interested in. If you find any dead hotlinks, please let me know <email@example.com>
* OKC Writers - 3rd Saturdays each month at 10 am. Now meeting at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, 15th and Harvey, OKC. Enter through the northwest door, go to 1st floor, Room 130, (405) 232-1371. (Click here to read program details) JULY speaker: Roxana CAZAN will discuss her book The Accident of Birth, and the process of writing about refugees and immigration.
* OKC Christian Fiction writers meet 3rd Saturdays at 1 pm at Henderson Hills church, located at 1200 E I-35 Frontage Rd, Edmond OK. We meet in the church offices on the back side of the church campus. https://www.facebook.com/okcchristianfictionwriters/.
* Pen and Keyboard Writers meet the 2nd Saturday of the month, from 10 AM until noon at the WELL CHURCH (formerly Edmond Christian Church) 2800 E. Danforth Road (corner of Coltrane & Danforth), in the Family Life Center, room 2. The FLC is the building to the right of the Chapel (building with cross). We enter in the north door (door facing parking lot is to kitchen), and go to the second class room on the left.. They welcome anyone who is interested in writing, whether a beginner or published author. The group works together to help each other improve their writing. For more info contact Dianna Street <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Wordwrights Christian Writers CHANGE OF MEETING PLACE! meet from 10 am to noon. the second Saturday of the month in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Epworth Villa in OKC (near Quail Springs Mall). If you have any problems locating our new meeting place, you may call Milton Smith on his cell at 405-200-9850 or Donna Le, cell phone is 405-501-2522.
* Norman Galaxy of Writers - meets every month on 2nd Saturday, 10 AM to noon at Norman Public Library, downtown, 225 North Webster. For more info, email email@example.com
* OKRWA --OK Romance Writers Association meets on the third Saturday of each month; members write romantic suspense, Christian romance, contemporary, erotic, and historical romance. Historical is mainly westerns and the Regency period. Meetings are at the OKC Art Museum in Classroom C at 1 pm. For more information contact Mary Jo Springer email, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* Tulsa NightWriters meets the third Tuesday of every month at Allee Beth Martin East Regional Library, 2601 So. Garnett in Tulsa. Meetings are 7:00 to 8:00 pm, but come early at 6:30 to meet and chat with fellow writers. No formal meeting in December at the library, with a casual Christmas party scheduled elsewhere. See website for information – www.nightwriters.org.
This program provides a monthly venue for selected regional poets to share their work. Former Oklahoma Poet Laureate and Oklahoma Book Award winner Carl Sennhenn hosts. (FMI contact Bill Boudreau - thanks for updates)
Thumbs down from Writer Beware - quite a long list and descriptions. ALWAYS - before you invest money in publishing your work, check with Writer Beware and other experts. Go here: https://accrispin.blogspot.com/
Maria, a freelance health and business writer, specializes in content marketing writing for mid-sized businesses. With two decades of experience as a wordsmith, She knows how to package your message to get the results you need.
Got something you’d like mentioned in WRITERS REMINDER next month? Do you know another writer who would be interested in receiving this newsletter? Perhaps you found us on the internet and would like to receive an emailed note when a new issue hits the ‘net?
…And now, a brief commercial message
Check out the main site as well: https://www.CarolynBLeonard.com
(KEEP SCROLLING DOWN)